As the weather gets warmer, we have had many people ask us about our favorite hikes. We have chosen our top 7 (one for each day of the week!) Oh yeah, if you’re one of those hardcore metal-water-bottle hikers, these hikes may be way too easy for you. Here’s the top seven in no particular order (Click the link for more info and specific directions):
- Hidden Falls: (Big Cottonwood Canyon) Okay, honestly this one isn’t even a hike. You can almost hit it with a rock from the road. But if you pair it with Stairs Gulch, you get two hikes for the work of one. And Hidden Falls is the better waterfall of the two.
- Ghost Falls: (Draper) This hike is accessible from two directions. It’s a tough drive to the top, followed by an easy hike; or an easy drive to the bottom and a little tougher hike up. There’s a great payoff, though– a waterfall the kids can play in.
- Grotto Trail: (Payson) This is one of our all-time favorites! We like to do it in the Fall because the Nebo Loop is the most gorgeous leaf-drive outside of Vermont. This one is extra fun with steps, bridges, and a great destination.
- Silver Lake: (Big Cottonwood Canyon) A stroller friendly boardwalk makes this the perfect hike for even the smallest adventurer. Wild animals, including moose, are easy to spot, too.
- Battlecreek Falls: (Pleasant Grove) This is our old standby. We return to this simple hike more than any other. The waterfall at the end is one of the best you’ll see around here.
- Rocky Mouth Falls: (Mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon) One thing we really like about this hike is that it seems like such a secret. We’ve never seen anyone along the trail, and it cuts right through a neighborhood. The waterfall is great, and it’s short, but this one can be a little rocky.
- Buffalo Peak: (Mouth of Provo Canyon) This is a great hike for that first trek to a summit. The reward is a beautiful view of Utah Valley. For a summit hike, it’s pretty easy, though the last eighth of a mile is a bit steep.
We have found even more great hikes in Utah! Check out our More Favorite Hikes post!