It’s the holiday season, which means time to do some serious shopping. But what to buy everyone? I get so many gifts that end up in the back of the closet, and I don’t want to do that to the ones I love. That’s why we like to give the gift of adventure! So we put together an adventure holiday gift guide for Utah.
One of the best gifts you can give is the opportunity to get out of the house. Everyone wants to go out and have fun, but they don’t always make the splurge and purchase an outing for themselves. We like to splurge for them, and these gifts are always really popular. Today we are sharing our favorite family adventure gift ideas, as well as the best deals for adventures in Utah. Here are a few that we have found that all Adventure Families in Utah will love.
Black Friday Deals
Here are a few great Black Friday Deals. We have also included some of the deals for our favorite passes in the sections below, so watch for the words Black Friday Deal in bold throughout this post!
Get Out Pass
The Get Out Pass is an awesome Pass that in Utah. It is so easy to use and has venues all over the state, mostly in Salt Lake and Utah counties. Lagoon is the huge highlight on this pass, and it makes the pass worth it all by itself. You can read all about the specifics on our post about the Get Out Pass. Best of all is the amazing Black Friday deal they are having. Check their website and use our code ADVENTURE for $60 off through Black Friday. They are also offering the ability to pay quarterly and monthly, and those are on sale, too!
Your kids will be thrilled with a pass for Lagoon, Splash Summit, Kangaroo Zoo, Provo Beach, and much more. They have added a gift option on their website too, so it is really simple to give the pass as a gift. When you purchase the pass as a gift, it sends a code for the person to redeem.
TIP! If you have a Get Out Pass, you can purchase a gift for yourself at this amazing discount. Just choose the gift option, purchase for yourself, and then when your Get Out Pass is about to expire, use the code to renew!!
Lagoon always offers a Black Friday deal on their season passes. If you want to be able to go to Lagoon as often as you’d like, use this deal. Black Friday Deal: Save $41/pass from November 22-30, which makes the pass $139.95. Visit Lagoon.com to purchase.
Some of our favorite places offer passes. We don’t have many special deals for these passes, but we still think they make great gifts because you can use the pass all year round. The pass saves you money as long as you plan to visit enough times to cover the cost. Some of the best places to visit over and over again as a family are listed below. For more detailed info about locations, click on the links to read our posts.
This is a fun pass for the summer. Splash Summit was once Seven Peaks, but it has lots of fun slide, as well as other water splash areas for all ages. Our boys love it. Black Friday Sale: Season Passes for $30. There are also other deals on parking passes, tube passes, single-day passes, and more.
SeaQuest Aquarium in Layton
They have changed their family passports to just individual annual passports. $49.95 for an annual pass/person. One of the benefits is that you get a free animal interaction during your birthday month.
- SeaQuest Aquarium is a hands-on aquarium where you can feed birds and pet sharks.
- Black Friday Deal 2021: Buy one annual passport, get one for 50% off! Valid November 22-29. Buy passports on their website.
- If you are a member of America First Credit Union, there are some great deals for you including 50% off an annual passport. Check out the deals here.
Thanksgiving Point in Lehi
- $299 family pass
- Black Friday Deal 2021: Get a $75 Thanksgiving Point Gift card with purchase of a membership. This deal begins at 7 am on Friday, November 26, 2021 and ends at midnight November 28, 2021.
- There are 5 great venues at Thanksgiving Point, so this pass is definitely worth the value (Dinosaur Museum, Museum of Natural Curiosity, Ashton Gardens, Farm Country, and Butterfly Biosphere). They also offer discounts on food, souvenirs, and special tickets with the membership pass.
Hogle Zoo in SLC
- Family Pass $199
- The zoo has added many new exhibits, lots of fun animal shows, and a great playground and splash pad. It’s such a fun place to visit as a family.
- BLACK FRIDAY SALE: 10% off new and renewing memberships. Use Code BLACKFRIDAY through Dec. 7.
Tracy Aviary in SLC
- A family pass for up to 4 people is only $99. For up to 8 people is $149.
- We love visiting the aviary. The bird show is so fun, there are lots of hands-on experiences, and it is never very busy. You can visit the aviary year round, too!
- They also partner with lots of places to offer discounts if you purchase their membership like Hogle Zoo, Willow Park Zoo, Discovery Gateway, and more. Makes the pass really valuable. Info here.
- $100 for an annual pass.
- With 44 Utah State Parks, this pass allows you to explore Utah. We have visited a lot of our Utah State Parks, and there is something for everyone. When you buy an annual pass, make sure to plan some fun outings over the next year. (Pass does not work at This is the Place Heritage Park.)
- $100 annual pass.
- This is the Place helps bring history alive. We love visiting the farm, riding the wagons and trains, and interacting with those portraying pioneers. For only $100, the entire family is admitted, and it also includes all the special events except Candlelight Christmas.
- $199 for annual pass
- This museum is one of the best in Utah. It has fun for all ages, and they are always adding and updating the fun play areas. The membership pass also includes 3 hours of free parking!
- BLACK FRIDAY SALE: $10 off any membership starting November 26-November 28, 2021.
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium in Draper
- $249.94 annual pass for 6 member family, $189.95 for 4 member family
- The aquarium has a lot to see and do, and it is indoors unlike the zoo and the aviary. Our boys love seeing the animals and visiting the touch pools. The membership includes the play area, which our boys love.
- BLACK FRIDAY DEAL: Buy or renew a membership on November 26, 2021, and get a month-long membership for a friend FREE!* Family Memberships will get ONE free month-long membership for every named member on their pass. That means a Quad Family Membership would get FOUR free month-long memberships, and a Grandparent Plus Membership would get TEN free month-long memberships for friends. More details here.
Leonardo Museum in SLC
- The Leonardo is a unique museum with lots of interactive, hands-on things for kids. Our boys love this place, especially the create your own art area.
- Memberships are $105 for families.
Treehouse Museum in Ogden
- $110 for 2 adults and 2 children (price depends on number of children)
- We were surprised at how much fun this little museum is. Every exhibit is hands-on and built with kids in mind. My kids love visiting.
Ogden Dinosaur Park in Ogden
- Black Friday Deal: $20% off Memberships Nov. 23 through December 11. Family passes are only $48.
- Perfect for dinosaur lovers. There is a museum, a playground area, and lots of outdoor dinosaur statues to enjoy.
One of our favorite things to do as a family at home or when we are out traveling is to play games. We have found some amazing family-friendly games over the years. Check out our post for the full list. Here are two local companies that have Black Friday deals going on.
Grandpa Becks Games
We have every single one of the Grand Becks Games, and we love all of them. They are having a Black Friday sale: $3 off small games and $5 off large games. If you miss the Black Friday sale, you can use our code “AdventureFam” to save 15% off any game on Amazon (this is a one time use code and doesn’t work during the Black Friday Sale). Our favorite Grandpa Beck’s Game is Skull King.
Another local Utah company makes a bunch of fun games. We love It’s in the Bag, Knock out Punch, and Goat Lords. They keep adding new games all the time, too. Black Friday Deal: They are offering up to 30% off all their games. Our favorites Goat Lords is $2 off and It’s in the Bag is $3 off. Check their website on Amazon for all the deals.
Active Adventure Gifts
It’s winter in Utah and kids need to burn that energy. A great gift to give is a spot where they can run, jump, and play for a few hours. We have visited quite a few of these places throughout Utah, and there are tons more to see. So if you have one close to you, consider buying some passes for your family to spend an evening exercising in a fun way. Here are our favorites.
Airborne is new to Utah and they have two locations in Draper and Lindon. We were impressed with how many trampolines were inside, as well as all of the extra things to try, such as obstacle courses and olympic trampolines. This is a great one for teens, too. Black Friday Deal: Double Cash on Gift Cards. So if you buy a $50 gift card, it’s actually worth $100. Great deal since you can use it for birthday parties, jump tickets, and more! All the details here.
This location has Adventure right in its name. We had such a fun time jumping and climbing at Fly High. They have a huge dodge ball area, as well as places to do tricks, and even an obstacle course above the lower level. This is a great spot for all ages. We will keep our eyes out for their Black Friday deal.
Products We Love
We try to keep our lives very simple, so we don’t purchase lots of extra items to take on hikes or trips. We don’t buy hiking boots, or fancy car games, so the items we are sharing our real favorites. They are products that we have tried, tested, and found to be worth the money! So here are a few recommendations (and most of these we have given as gifts to our kids before). Click on the picture to be taken to Amazon for more details.
Camelbak Mini Mule
This is the greatest item we ever purchased. Our boys love them and it keeps them happy on hikes. They have a small pocket where I can put a snack, and it makes my backpack so much lighter because they are carrying their own water. Camelbak Mini Mule are currently $49.99 on Amazon)!
Melisa & Doug License Plate
One of the best gifts we were ever given was this license plate flip board. We take it on every single road trip, and we have now purchased two more so that everyone has one. We all enjoy watching for different license plates, and this is such an easy way to keep track of them. It also serves as helping kids learn where all the states are, and we sometimes quiz our older kids on capitals, too. Check Amazon for their current price.
We use binoculars on all our National Park trips, as well as any birding adventures we go on. Binoculars are fun because kids can easily learn to use them, and they feel very important with their own set of binoculars. We have bought plenty of cheap pairs of binoculars and they have all been broken by our children. We finally started letting them use our nicer set, and things went a lot better. Everyone could see, and nothing was broken. We have 3 pairs of these, and a few other sets, but this is a solid pair of binoculars for kids and adults. Click here to go to Amazon for more info.
We keep headlamps in our car. It seems silly, but lots of times on adventures we come across caves or other spots where we need extra light. The best part about headlamps is they are hands free, but you do have to teach your children to point the light down and not to look directly at someone. Our boys love their headlamps and we have loved this Vitchello headlamp. It has lasted really well, has a red light mode for star gazing, and is super comfortable to wear. There are cheaper headlamps, but this one we have tried and proven to be durable.
Local Utah Shops
There are a few local Utah shops where we have found some great gear or great adventures. My boys love getting fun new tees or hoodies for Christmas. And I love giving date night ideas to my husband. Here are a few favorites.
Stately Type has a variety of shirts and bags. We love their Utah and National Park T-shirts that they create. Check their website for discounts. Everything is on sale! They are located in Provo, UT.
Sawyer has kids tees and sweatshirts, and they are great quality. My boys have a few different shirt, including the Don’t Tell My Mom shirt, and they have lasted through lots of wear and tear. Located in Park City, UT.
BLACK FRIDAY SALE: 25% off everything + Free shipping!
Made By Fell
This cute company also opened up a little store in Midway. They design awesome stickers, postcards, and more. Watch for more details about their sale. Check out Made by Fell.
Utah Grubs Passport
We found this cute passport that has deals to restaurants in SLC and Utah counties. There are different deals each month and it comes with a cute passport where you collect stamps every time you visit a location. We have loved ours. They are having a great Black Friday deal–$70 for the whole passport, which equals less than $6/month. Use Code DECKTHEGRUBS on their website.
The Average Daters Datebook
This is another dating gift. This book has coupons for different activities and restaurants throughout the Wasatch Front. For only $25, you can use these coupons all year and find some fun dates. We just ordered one and can’t wait to try it out. The $25 deal lasts until November 28th and then the price increases! Visit their website for a list of coupons.
This local shop has the cutest paint kits. You can attend a live class, order a paint kit to do at home, and they even ship everything. We have loved all of the paintings we have ever done with My Little Paintbrush. Black Friday Deal: 15% off all paint kits (not in studio classes, but everything else) on Friday only!
Dowdle Puzzles are some of our favorite puzzles, mostly because they are sturdy and because they have one for lots of the national parks we have visited. They have become our souvenirs. Dowdle also create lots of puzzles about Utah because they are located here in Lindon. Black Friday Deal: 40% off. Use code BF21.
We hope that we have given you some different ideas to think about, and we are always looking for ideas to add. What types of adventure gifts do you give to your families? We would love to hear!
**This post contains some affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you make a purchase using the links.