If you have read any of our other posts, you know that we love National Parks. We always love exploring a new National Park, or visiting an old favorite. There are so many different parks to visit throughout the nation, and we hope to visit them all one day.
We especially love National Parks because they are such a great place to be together as a family. There is always something for all ages in the National Parks and Monuments. Our children enjoy the Junior Ranger program, and we like it just as much. We learn a ton as we work on it together.
Every year, the National Park Service hosts FREE entrance days! This is a great chance to visit a National Park or Monument near you, or a new site that you had been hoping to explore. We are a little sad that the free days have been cut in half this year. Instead of eight, there are only four. So take advantage while you can!
National Parks Free Days 2018
- January 15: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 21: First day of National Park Week
- September 22: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
You can check on the National Parks site to make sure the National Park site near you is participating.
Did you know that every 4th grader can get a National Parks Pass for FREE that is good the entire year? We were lucky enough to have a 4th grader last year. We used his pass to visit 6 National Parks and 15 other National sites for free. Read all the details on our post about using our Every Kid in a Park pass.
We hope you have plans to visit some National Parks this year. We have posts sharing what to do in lots of different National Parks and Monuments, as well as the best family friendly hikes in those parks! Here’s a list of where we’ve been:
- Arches National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Canyon lands National Park: Island in the Sky
- Canyonlands National Park: Needles
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Dinosaur National Monument
- Golden Spike National Historic Site
- Natural Bridges National Monument
- Zion National Park
- Devil’s Postpile National Monument
- Yosemite National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Colorado National Monument
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historic Site
- White Sands National Monument
- Badlands National Park
- Jewel Cave National Monument
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Wind Cave National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Grand Teton National Park
- Devil’s Tower National Monument